Government through the Minister of Information, Kojo Opong Nkrumah has called on all Ghanaians to disregard information by the Homeland Study Group, a group seeking for the independence of the Volta Region.
According to astatement released by the Minister yesterday in Accra, he described the activities of the group as illegal and admonished Ghanaians and the general public to disregard the claims by the group that Western Togoland has been ceded to it and been declared an independent state.
- We are Men of Integrity -Alhaji Sibdow
- NPP Group Demands Unqualified Apology from NIA Boss
- Amansie West Small Scale Miners Association angry with government over burning of its members’ excavators
- Cerath Development Organization Launches The Coconut Waste Project
- Amasaman MP, Afrifa Mensah Continues Church Visitations
“While admonishing the public to disregard the claims by the group, the general public is hereby informed that state security agencies are taking the necessary measures to ensure that persons involved with the illegal act, are dealt with in accordance with the law”, it stated.
The statement further urged Ghanaians to continue with their daily activities as the security agencies remain in firm charge of Ghana’s territories.