Mobile Telecommunications Network, MTN has been directed by the National Communications Authority to Compensate its customers.
This directive by the NCA has been necessitated by the challenges being faced by customers of the Company and the inaccuracies associated with their data packages since December 1, 2019.
Customers of the MTN took to social media to register their displeasure against what some described as outrageous data charges and data purchasing challenges being experienced. The harshtag #SaveourData has been trending on social media for the past 3 days with complains about MTN services and frustrations of its customers.
- “Forgive Me If I Ever Spoke Against Dr. Bawumia” – Madam Ama Busia
- Kwame Apenteng Declares Intention to Contest As Regional Youth Organizer
- Kasoa Ritual Murder and Matters Arising
- Exceptional Leadership At NIA
- We Appreciate You Mr. President – NPP Northern Regional Secretary Alhaji Alhassan Sibdow
According to the NCA, MTN also failed to report these challenges to the Authority and harsh is requesting a report on the state of the challenge within 24 hours.
In a statement dated 3rd December, the Director General of the Authority, Mr. Joe Anokye further directed the service provider to compensate all affected customers and also ensure that all losses of customers be refunded accordingly.
The statement also directed MTN to immediately ensure that all challenges with its billing system and affected transactions be resolved.