President Akuffu-Addo yesterday addressed Ghanaians for the Sixth time since the COVID-19 Pandemic broke out in Ghana .
In the recent address, the President extended the lockdown for a week and also announced some more relief packages for Ghanaians during these periods. Top News Ghana has provided a summary of the address.
- Justification of boader closure and the mandatory isolation was successful hence it will remain closed until further notice.
- About 10,000 contacts traced to be tested in the coming week. This has been successful.
- 378 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ghana.
- Restriction of movement has been extended to One More Week subject to review.
- Electricity Bills for lifeline consumers to be paid fully by Government. For all other categories, govt will pay 50% using March bills as a benchmark. This will be for the next 3 months ie April to June.
- Excesses in the lockdown will be investigated to the later.
- President thanked all countries, international institutions, local institutions who have donated to the country.
- Don’t organize big gatherings this Easter.